Sunday, June 30, 2013

Links From Interviews


It is never easy coming out so publicly admitting our struggles, no matter what they are. My hope, whether on a small or large scale, was that my vulnerability would be an example to young girls and boys that no one is perfect; that my openness would allow young girls and boys, and even men and women, to find the courage to tell their stories and to share their battles. The past month I have experienced the empowerment that comes from living in a vulnerable place. It is not easy and it is not too comfortable, but it is freeing in a way. I have received a countless number of texts, emails, FaceBook messages, and Tweets from people in all walks of life offering either support, understanding, or validation. My "hope" in all of this became reality. A huge thank you to all who have reached out! I praise God for letting me know the perfect time to speak publicly about this. His timing is always perfect....






My Dee Armstrong interview is not available online yet.

I am also working with HLN/CNN to schedule a national interview, but between the Jodi Arias Trial, other national news, and my schedule, it has been difficult to find a set date. I will keep you all posted!

-Love in Christ,
Leighton

"I am enough just as I am,
unfinished, imperfect, uncertain of the road I choose, 
yet, certain that I must continue. I cannot go back.
I am not enough for some, and too much for others,
I struggle with myself, I wrestle with fear, I avoid the parts of me
that are unavoidable.
Yet, I want to hide no more. I am alive, I know because I feel.
In my eyes,
I am damaged, hurting, healing, and in need of improvement.
But in the eyes of God,
And in the place where grace abides,
I know I am enough." -unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment